I am finally home and free to get ready for Christmas!
Even though I am glad to have been to Chile and glad to have new stamps in my passport (that my parents don’t have yet!), I am so glad to be home!
I arrived home from Chile via Atlanta, Auburn and Haleyville today. The flight was long and hot and uncomfortable and I would prefer to never repeat it in coach again (or at least without an exit row seat).
Grandaddy was also released from rehab today! This calls for major praise and thanks for prayers on our family’s behalf. I told him today that we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving now. I am so thankful that I still have my sweet Grandaddy. I just pray that 2010 is an easier year for him than 2009 was health-wise. But we will take what we can get and cherish our time together as a family.
I want to post lots of Chile pictures, but all I have done is upload them into my computer. It’s been about 42 hours since I have slept in a bed and I don’t think what little sleep I got on the plane actually counts, so I am going to bed. Count on some pictures soon though.
PS—Even though the heat is on, I have never been so grateful to live in a land with functional air conditioning! My hotel room was at least 26 degrees Celsius (78 degrees Fahrenheit) for the entire trip. And even though I am always cold, when it was 80-92 degrees during the day that is too hot! I will happily snuggle down in my bed tonight instead of sleeping on top of the covers!
Just a teaser…

1 comment:
Aw man, you probably took a million pictures. (I am afraid to see what I'm going to be like after the 26th.)
Post a Comment