Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekend Plans

Emma and I are going out of town tomorrow afternoon.  We’ll drive to Florence to spend the night and then Mom, Dad and I will drive up to Nashville on Friday.  Emma is staying home with a babysitter since she doesn’t like car rides.  I don’t blame her, but she needs to learn to be a better rider.

I have a second interview at an accounting firm in Nashville.  Hopefully, there will be good news after my interview.  We’re also planning on doing a little apartment hunting Friday afternoon since I won’t really have many more opportunities to look before I have to make a decision.  Really, M&D may have to preview places for me and then I’ll make a final decision.

We also get to visit with G&G this weekend.  I didn’t plan on getting to see Grandaddy again before his birthday, so this will be our little birthday celebration.  We won’t be celebrating, per se, since there won’t be any cake and ice cream (or Grandaddy’s and my preference, watermelon), but we can enjoy each other’s company just the same.  I’m always grateful to spend time with him.

Sunday, we’ll say goodbye to our Senior Minister and his wife as they move on after 8 years to another church appointment.  This is going to be particularly hard since they live down the street from us and have been such good friends.  D especially has been a godsend (literally) for our family and a dear friend to Mom.  New ministers are part of being Methodist, but we will especially miss D&G.  They are one of a kind!

We’re going to have a busy weekend, but I hope to get everything done with a little time to breathe worked in there.  Maybe I can stick my feet in a pool too—if I’m lucky! :)

No comments: