Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day and a Weekend at Home

It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm updating from my iPad now, so unfortunately I can't add any of my pictures from Labor Day. The fact that they are still on the card in my camera doesn't help, either!

Mom, Dad and I spent Labor Day weekend at our condo in Gatlinburg. I was able to get away a bit early on Friday and managed to beat a good bit of the traffic headed East. Saturday, Mother and Daddy went hiking with some good family friends while I kept Emma and our friends' new Westie. It was quite an adventure keeping Riley and Emma happy. At times, I had to hold both of them at the same time to keep everyone happy and under control.

For dinner on Saturday night, I made pizza using dough and sauce made in my food processor. I'll post the recipes later this week. I'm so glad I have friends that share recipes with me! I think I impressed my family and our friends--especially considering the small amount of leftovers at the end of the night.

Sunday was quite possibly the best day of the trip. I'd worked many extra hours that week and was feeling quite stressed. Without planning it, I slept for most of the day until I had to get ready for dinner. I must have really needed the rest considering I had no difficulties sleeping that night!! I'm starting to think I have narcolepsy again, though!!

Monday meant driving back to Nashville and getting ready for another busy week.

This past Friday, I decided I could escape for the weekend and didn't have to work. I may regret it tomorrow morning, but I'm glad I got to have some fun and helped Mother with things at home. Saturday, I cleaned house (I really like Mom's Dyson, by the way) and visited Grandaddy before another narcolepsy-induced nap. Sunday, I sang in the choir with my friends at church before going to lunch with my self-proclaimed surrogate aunt. Before I knew it, we'd been talking for two hours and it was time to check on Grandaddy again!! After visiting him, it was time to go back to Nashville. The drive passed much faster since I talked to my Grad School BFF the entire way!!

Now, I'm home and have to get ready for another busy week at work. I'm worried about a big project I've yet to start that is due in a week, but it will get done eventually. Somehow, these things always do!

I'll be back soon to share my recipes and the best cooking blog that was recently pointed out to me.

No comments: