For the past few weeks, I've really been trying to get up when my alarm goes off. Doing so gives me an hour to get ready and thirty minutes (or less) to get to work with an additional thirty minutes to spare before I'm "technically" supposed to be at work. Getting up when my alarm goes off is the optimum situation. However, until recently, this never happened as I have a terrible habit of walking across the room, hitting snooze and going back to sleep.
I've been so busy at work lately that getting to work early is the only way to survive. Somehow, my subconscious seems to know I need to wake up since I usually wake several times during the night and have to reassure myself that "No, you didn't turn off your alarm. It's still dark outside." It's really quite annoying.
I'm trying to make an effort to be in bed relaxing or trying to sleep by 10PM. I can manage on less than 7-8 hours sleep, but the cumulative effect of sleep deprivation is not pretty. Exhibit A: How I look and feel on April 15th.
I'm also trying to pick out my clothes for the next day the night before. That definitely saves time out of my morning routine.
I always manage to get a little bit of extra restful time after my alarm goes off and I get up. One of my very favorite things about my house is that my bathroom has a large window and I can start getting ready in the mornings without turning on the lights. This is a weird quirk I've had since childhood, but was unable to do in college or in my apartment here. I don't ever turn on the lights until I start my makeup!
Let me know if you have any advice for getting up and going in the mornings. I'm all ears!
It's getting close to 10 o'clock and I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Lets hope I have good start to the day tomorrow and get up on time! I've got too much work to do to sleep in.

No comments:
Post a Comment