Today is the last day of classes here at Auburn. Tomorrow is our Dead Day. Wednesday finals begin University-wide. However, my first exam, or first two rather, is Thursday. I have Managerial Accounting and Principles of Finance first, then on Friday I have my Individual Taxation exam. I then have a break until the last day of finals, next Tuesday, when I have Audit & Assurance Services and Principles of Marketing.
It'll be a busy few days! I've only once before had multiple exams on the same day. At least, my more important exams (i.e.--the ones that are major classes) are the first ones on those days with two exams.
I really don't like exams at all. The whole cumulative aspect makes me quite nervous! Plus, I have quite a bit of test anxiety surrounding any test, not just finals. At least that is getting better over time though! One thing I wish the public schools in Florence would do better is prepare students to take cumulative exams. In retrospect, I think those of us who always exempted Spring Semester exams were actually being done a disservice in the long run. I know I could have benefited from the additional practice. I know this isn't the answer I would have given a few hours ago though! There's nothing that I wanted more back in high school but to exempt final exams.
If anyone who knows my class schedule is wondering why I'm writing this now instead of attending lecture, don't worry. I got here this morning to find that my first class was canceled. My teacher sent an email this morning, but apparently it didn't show up in my inbox until after I left for class. I'm not so happy about this because we hadn't finished all the material for our final yet and now it's pretty much up to us. I'm really sorry that my teacher is sick and I know that she wouldn't miss class for just any reason, but studying is going to be more difficult now. At least her exam is one of the ones on the last day! I guess that's the silver lining in having to stay for the entire final exam period!
So, there's really not a point in going back home until my next class since I would practically have to turn around and return as soon as I got home. I guess I can figure out something to do with the next hour and fifteen minutes of my life. I wish I had brought something, anything really, to study, but I didn't. Oh, well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment