Grandaddy, Emma and I—along with much of Florence—got a snow day yesterday. Starting around 6:30 in the morning we got sleet then snow which lasted until about 10:00. We were supposed to go back to Auburn just as it became obvious that the snow would be around for a while. The roads didn’t clear until around noon and we left around 1:00. I missed work and one class and it definitely made for a long day, but spending a little extra time with Grandaddy was well worth it. I hadn’t seen snow in quite a while either, so it was a nice, short-lived treat. That’s another good thing about living in Alabama, when we get snow (maybe once a year) it’s pretty for a few hours and then melts—we’re not snowed in for days or weeks typically).
Emma had never seen snow before and I expected that she would hate it nearly as much as she hates rain, but I was mistaken. Her sister hated snow and I just assumed it was something they had in common. Well, again Emma had to be different and spent about fifteen minutes running at high speed around in the fluffy white powder.
She was trying to figure out the best place to use the bathroom after she jumped off and discovered the snow. Not quite sure what to do with it at this point.
Whoa! What is this stuff? I really need to use the bathroom and I don’t like wet feet!
Maybe I can jump in this flower bed? There’s less white stuff there…
This doesn’t look like my Gram’s and Grandaddy’s yard…what happened last night?
Hmm…this stuff smells like water…and tastes like it too!
I can’t see! Why is this stuff sticking to me?
Ooh! I like this stuff! I found a stick to run with too! This is great!
Will you just let me play and stop taking my picture?
Surveying my new, white, domain. I think I like this!
Once we got inside, Emma needed a visit with one of her good friends, the hairdryer. We melted the ice out of her fur and then she was wrapped in a towel and fell fast asleep. Playing in snow is hard work even if you are a snowpuppy!

No comments:
Post a Comment