It seems like I’m never completely caught up with my housekeeping. Since I was out of town for the Labor Day weekend, I’m finding myself especially behind this weekend. I have several events planned through October and I know I’ll be very busy for at least five of the next seven weekends. Whew, that sounds bad when I actually look at it on the calendar!!
I’ve been a little under the weather over the past few days. I think it’s just a cold/allergies from the weather changing and getting rained on in Gatlinburg. Anyway, I haven’t felt like doing much today. I spent much of the morning watching the Food Network. I’ve been cooking more lately and even baked cupcakes this week. I haven’t had any motivation to try new things lately, but I was inspired to try some of the Pioneer Woman’s recipes after finally getting to watch her new TV show today. I did sort my laundry, but I’ve only managed to wash my sheets thus far. It’s getting late and I haven’t made up my bed yet. Better get on that!!
I’ve got the dishwasher loaded and ready to go, but I’m going to wait until I go to bed to start it since Emma especially hates it. Speaking of Emma, she really needs a bath, especially since my sheets are clean, but I think she’s managed to squeak out of that for tonight.
I did water my plants on the deck earlier today, but I didn’t manage to sweep the leaves off the deck. That’s the only bad thing about my two trees in the backyard—the leaves are back practically as soon as I sweep off the deck.
I’m doing a good job of keeping the downstairs presentable. I haven’t gone to bed with dishes in the sink in weeks. I try to take my shoes upstairs when I change after getting home from work. My coffee table is much better than it was for the first few weeks here, but I still have several things on it that haven’t found a home. I haven’t found a good place to stash my purse yet, but I have a couple of ideas. I think the downstairs will really come together when I finally get a dining room table and buffet, a rug to go in the dining room and hang all my pictures. The pictures have been waiting for Dad to hang them for several weeks…the places are picked out, but I haven’t attempted to hang them myself…that’s Dad’s job. He’s so good at it and always perfectly “engineers” the picture so it’s perfectly hung! That’s one of the many reasons Mom and I keep him around!! :)
One random thing on my to-do list—go through my stack of magazines, tear out what I want to keep and throw the rest away. I need to do this by Thursday since recycling comes that day and I’d much rather recycle them than throw them out. Since recycling only comes on the third Thursday of the month, I better do it this week instead of holding on to them for another month!!
I better go accomplish some of my to-do list rather than just talk about it!!

No comments:
Post a Comment