After work on Friday, I headed east towards Gatlinburg. Mom, Daddy and Emma went on Thursday morning and were waiting on me to join them. Traffic was heavy for much of the drive, but it was a much easier drive than the trip home. I finally got there around 10:30 (I don’t remember if that was Eastern or Central). We stayed up a little while and then decided going to bed sounded like a wonderful idea.
We didn’t do much on Saturday. We didn’t have ESPN so we couldn’t watch the Auburn game. Daddy listened to the game on XM radio in my car. I actually went back to sleep during part of the game. It had been a long week and I guess I needed the sleep! After the game, Mom and I went down to the pool and splashed around for a while. We had to get out of the pool when we heard thunder and saw clouds begin to roll in. I didn’t get another chance to swim and I’m afraid I will have to wait until next year before I get another opportunity.
On Sunday, we rode up into the mountains and in to North Carolina. After we got back to the condo, it began to rain. After lunch, we went to the outlet mall. I got a few things from J. Crew and Banana Republic. I could have picked out more things, but I had to restrain myself and only buy things that I needed or were such a good deal I couldn’t pass them up. After shopping, we stopped for dinner and then went back to the condo. Mom and Dad had a movie to watch, but I read a book instead. I pretty much passed out Sunday night. I haven’t been sleeping well lately, so this was a pleasant change.
Monday morning brought more rain. It rained all morning in Gatlinburg and the entire trip home. It took about 2.5 hours to get from the condo to the interstate despite taking some back roads and bypasses. I can’t imagine how bad it would have been had we gone the “normal” way through town. There were also several accidents on the interstate and the approximately 5 hour drive ended up taking me 7.5. Not my idea of an afternoon well spent. Next time, we will either leave very early or later in the afternoon and hope to avoid the mass exodus.
I’m so glad this is only a four day work week. Even though I slept a good bit, I don’t feel ready to start the week. I didn’t get my laundry done or do any grocery shopping. I’m hoping the rain will stop overnight so I don’t have to fight it driving to work and so I can get some things done in the afternoon that didn’t get done this weekend.
P.S.—I did take some pictures of Emma this weekend, but I haven’t had a chance to upload them yet. I’m not even sure if any of them turned out. It’s so hard to take a picture of a black blob that moves at the speed of sound! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment