Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!!

I started off my day far too early--I convinced myself that I'd slept through my alarm and was going to be late to work. The thing is, it was only 4AM. Thankfully, I checked my phone before getting in the shower an went back to sleep!

One of the girls I work with brought brownies and another brought *almost* Culpepper's donuts. If I say they are almost Culpepper's, that means they are good. I think Shipley's is a good substitute since I'll never get another Culpepper's donut--I still blame Krispy Kreme, but that's another story for another time.

Mother and Daddy came up to Nashville for lunch. We went to a restaurant near Vanderbilt called Chuy's with a few of my coworkers. I definitely ate too much and was throughly embarrassed when the waitress sang to me in front of a bunch of random Belmont (we think) students.

I was so full that I didn't get much done this afternoon, but I'll catch up later this week. I was definitely ready to head home to see sweet Emma. I'm so glad she's back home!

I had dinner a while ago and now I'm cleaning house and watching shows on my DVR. Sounds fun, huh? I couldn't stand the mess from my trip to Florence, so had to unpack an finish putting things away.

I've had such sweet messages from friends today who have made me feel so special! I'm so lucky that I have such great people in my life!!

So far, day 1 of year 25 has been pretty good! Here's to the best year yet!

No comments: