I've been counting down the hours until I can hop on I 65-South for another trip to Florence. This time, I'm celebrating a big milestone with my family...my 25th Birthday.
![]() |
| I'm definitely NOT getting a cake like this!! |
I don't have much planned for the weekend, but I'm determined to make the most of it since I have to work for the first time EVER on my birthday. I managed to make it all the way through school with only a 1/2 day in school since I spent the morning getting my driver's license. Oh, well...gotta put on my big girl panties and get over not seeing Mother and Daddy on my day.
I'm so glad to visit with Grandaddy again this weekend. He won't remember that it's my birthday, but he's never made a big deal about birthdays in the past, so I won't be upset that he doesn't remember this year. Birthdays were always Grams' time to spoil us--she took care of making each of our favorite cakes/pies and also made our favorite meals for our Saturday family lunch.
I've got a hair appointment in the morning--I may or may not have done a little begging to get an appointment at the last minute! I'll feel so much better when I don't have horrible roots anymore!
I'm taking the ingredients and my pan home to make caramel brownies per Mother's request and I'm hoping to make a caramel cake if I can convince someone to help me make it. I always made it with Grams and I don't think I'm coordinated enough to stir two pots at once without burning the sugar in one of the pans.
I'll go to church on Sunday and then I guess I'll have to head back to Nashville. I'd like to stay all night and drive back in time for work, but that just won't work since Emma is FINALLY coming back to stay with me. I think she, Mother and Daddy are going to have some serious withdrawal issues!
Time to hit the road! I'll be back early next week with a recap of the weekend and my actual birthday on Monday! Have a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment