I went to Florence for the weekend and stayed through Monday. I took full advantage of my day off and crammed as much as possible in to that day.
First, I had a dentist appointment. I cannot stand the dentist. I guess it's from all the teeth I had pulled as a child and two oral surgeries. If you know me, you wouldn't believe that I really have a small mouth!
After the dentist, I visited some friends at my favorite clothing boutique where I might have snagged a few sale items! Then, I took Mom to the eye doctor and then we met Dad for lunch at Sam's Sports Grille (a new restaurant in Florence).
Afterwards, I spent some time with Grandaddy before going to church. We had a concert that night and I went early to help prepare for it. The concert finally arrived and went well, but then my purse was locked in the choir office. I was having a panic attack until my friend Becky pulled out a spare key from her purse. I don't know what I would have done otherwise!
Then, I had to start the trek back to Nashville. Needless to say, I was exhausted when I finally got to my house about eleven o'clock!
Tuesday was fun, but only on #OppositeDay. I had a sinus headache when I woke up, so I went in to work late. When I got to work, I quickly became overwhelmed in a huge project that had to be done ASAP. I ended up staying until 10PM, but I didn't finish. I was completely emotionally drained after struggling with that project for 12 hours.
Then, I hit the ground running today to try to figure out what was wrong with the big return I had been working on. I almost turned around and went back home shortly after getting to work. It took some reassurance from my two work BFFs (one of whom is also the best mentor in the office) before I started to calm down. The three of us also went to lunch which helped me to settle down.
I left a little after 5 to meet a repairman at my house. Not far away from work, I was stopped in rush hour traffic. While I was sitting stopped in traffic, a woman rear-ended me. I heard a bang and my head went forward. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but as I tried to figure out what to do, she began to pull away. I took a picture of her license plate and decided to see where she was going. I followed her for a few minutes before she finally pulled over. I was on the phone with 911 all of this time. She was completely non-apologetic about leaving the scene, but stayed when I said the police were coming. While we waited, her son appeared. He had one beer in his hand when he walked up, he left for a while and returned with a new beer. Around this time, he became verbally abusive and I got scared. The doors and windows of my car were up and I called the police again, but still no one showed up. He finally left with some other people. Probably because he knew I called the police back.
After all of this, it was 2.5 hours and 4 phone calls later before the police arrived. When they did, they were very apologetic and professional. I can get the report in three days. There doesn't appear to be much damage, if any, but I wanted a report in case something goes wrong tomorrow or even next week as a result of this.
I'm physically and mentally exhausted and I'm going to hold Emma and go to bed. I'm a little afraid of being in a storm since lightning might strike me with the week I'm having. Hopefully, I've experienced all the catastrophes for this week and I can finally take it easy. I'm just grateful that neither one of use were hurt.

No comments:
Post a Comment