You see, I have a bit of a problem with beauty products. I find something I like and use it forever and ever and then add a few more things in along the way. For example, I currently use 5 different products on my hair per day. It's quite ridiculous, really and I promise I'm not really that high-maintenance.
Starting off the list of things I don't want to live without...
I've used this product religiously for about three years. I like it so much that I have a bottle by my sink to use at night and another bottle in the shower for morning use. I can't go to bed without using this to remove my makeup.
I've used both the gel and the lotion. Right now, my face is extremely dry from some topical medication I'm using, so I'd go with copious amounts of the lotion. This product doesn't seem to cause breakouts and definitely helps to make my makeup go on smoother.
Now, getting into makeup...
I thought this product was a little silly when it was recommended to me at the Laura Mercier counter. However, I was amazed at how much more resilient my eyeshadow and eyeliner are after using this product. I've had a problem with my eyeliner appearing at the top of my eyelid in the past and this prevents this from happening. It's also great to use on days that you don't want full eye makeup. It almost acts like a very neutral shadow and works perfectly with eyeliner and mascara alone.
This is a fairly new product for me since I've only been using it for about two weeks, but so far, so good! I've been using a black liquid liner with a navy pencil on top for about a year. I like that the black line helps to emphasize my lashes while the navy accentuates the color of my eyes. This liner is very easy to apply (even for people with somewhat unsteady hands like me!) and lasts all day. Like I said above, I don't sleep in makeup, but I think this could make it through the night if I tried it.
Next up...hair products...
This is one product I do not ever leave the house without. I personally use enough hairspray annually to be responsible for a new hole in the ozone layer directly above Brentwood, Tennessee! I've used this particular hairspray since college. It keeps my bangs in place without feeling crunchy or sticky like I remember from the hairspray Grams used. It's also pretty inexpensive and often on sale at CVS. I got two cans for $7 this past weekend at CVS and would have bought two more for the extra care bucks (ECBs) had they had more in stock. This is one of the things I stockpile since I cannot go to work without a good spray to my hair.
This is another must-have any time I blow out my hair and is also something I have used since college. I have very fine, very straight hair and if I do not use this product, it will lay completely flat against my head. Again, this mousse is often on sale and I snag it whenever I can since I can't go to work without using it!
Well, those are the most essential products I use every day. I also use Laura Mercier Luminizing Primer, Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and foundation in combination with Bare Minerals powder foundation. The combination of a dab of tinted moisturizer thins the foundation and I've found that I need the lighter moisturizer combined with the slightly darker foundation to mix a better shade for my complexion. Bare Minerals foundation is a good product to blend out any remaining imperfections and to cover up any shinyness.
Now that I've made public how much I like beauty products, let me know what your favorites are. I'm always up for trying something new!







No comments:
Post a Comment