...I was nervously awaiting taking my driver's test the next morning. The weather forecasters were predicting rain and it was also the first day of my Junior year of High School. I practiced with Dad in the days leading up to my birthday, but, being the last in my class to turn 16, I'd heard plenty of horror stories about the awful people at the State Trooper's station and was basically petrified of them.
 |
| Roses from my Aunt, Beth |
On the morning of the test, it was raining. Mom and I were there an hour early to be at the first of the line, but they would not let me take the test until the rain stopped and the roads were completely dry. Shortly before lunch, I finally managed to take my test. I have no idea what the tester said at the end, but the sentence ended with "pass", so I was happy. I dropped Mom off at her school and drove to Bradshaw and checked in just in time for the first half of French III and lunch.
 |
| I was a baby!! |
After school, I picked up Mom and her friends took me to Trowbridge's for an Oh My Gosh--a brownie with ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce and cherries on top. It's a plate full of sinful deliciousness that's best shared with 4 or 5 people. I think I'd go in to a diabetic coma if I ate an entire serving by myself!
 |
| Apparently, I didn't smile with teeth back then. |
Ten years ago, the biggest thing in my life was getting my Driver's License. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined myself living the life I do now.
No comments:
Post a Comment