Thursday, October 9, 2008

Going Home

I'm so ready to go home tomorrow! It just won't come soon enough! I haven't been home since the end of August and I can't wait to sleep in my comfy bed. My bed here is good, but nothing is like your bed at home. My bedroom in Florence is always dark and quiet, unlike my very sunny bedroom here in Auburn.

I miss my family and Emma. I have seen my parents several times since I was last home, but I haven't seen my Grandparents at all. I talk to them frequently, but that's just not the same. I'm looking forward to some of my Grandmother's good home cooking and, of course, some of my Granddaddy's sweet tea! There's nothing like the food you grew up with and the world's best sweet tea!

I'm going to go get ready for bed. I have to pack in the morning as well as do some last-minute studying for my computer competency test.

I'm going to put my head on the pillow and think, in the words of Dorothy, "There's no place like home…"

No comments: