I've spent most of the evening talking to Uncle Mark reminiscing about our family. Aunt Nancy (his sister) and I were so close and I was absolutely devastated, and am still, by her death. Like I told him earlier, the only good thing to come about after her death was he and I have become closer than I ever imagined. I talk to him for hours at a time and from time to time he tells me about things Daddy either doesn't remember or doesn't want to talk about. Thanks to him, I know more about my family from our conversations than I would have ever learned otherwise.
We talk about what Grandaddy Larry and Grandmother Ann would have thought of me, what they were like, how close I felt to Aunt Nancy and regrets I have in my relationship with Grandmother (actually my great-grandmother) among other things.
I often think about how awful it was that I never knew Daddy's parents and that I lost Aunt Nancy at such a young age, but so I'm glad I have him. I don't want any regrets about knowing enough about him. I hope he knows how much I love him, how proud of him I am (He's had an amazing career with two--that I know of--Sports Illustrated feature articles) and how glad I am that he's part of my family.
I'd post pictures, but until last week, I didn't have a picture of him since my christening at three months old. I guess I'll respect the photographer's wishes to not have pictures of him--for now, at least! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment