Saturday, July 14, 2012

I caught the bouquet!

I went to the wedding of my work friend, Melissa and her sweet fiancé (now husband...eek!), Patrick tonight. It was a beautiful wedding and suited their personalities perfectly!

I hated that it rained nearly all day today. I don't think I would be as good of a sport if it rained on my wedding day!

Traffic was awful due to road construction (part of one interstate is closed) and rain. I missed Melissa's walk down the isle, but arrived during the reading and heard the vows and witnessed the first kiss as man and wife.

The reception was super fun and the food was great. Both Melissa and Patrick live barbecue, so Jim-n-Nicks catered the reception. I think everyone enjoyed that. I hope we get leftovers at work on Monday! The also had snowcones with many favors and some more "adult" add-ins! The cakes were beautiful and the Bride's cake was very good. I chose to skip the Groom's cake after all the calories from the meal!

There were lots of people from work, so we had a very good time. We all get along pretty well and it's always nice to see my coworker's spouses.

For the third time in my life, I caught the bouquet! I was 16 the first time and almost 22 the second time. I think the third time might be the charm--maybe 25 is going to be a good year!!

Time for bed--it's going to be time for church much too early tomorrow!

No comments: