I joined the Y yesterday. My first gym membership ever. I've had gyms at places I've lived before, but, to be honest, I rarely used the facilities. In the last year, since my health has been better, I've gained far too much weight. It's gotten to the point where I just don't feel good about how I look.
When I joined yesterday, I had a tour and then did 8 miles on a stationary bike in 30 minutes. I didn't feel too bad afterwards, but my legs hurt when I climbed the stairs at work today.
Today, I went with the wives of two of the guys I work with. We went to Body Pump and I'm not going to lie--I was really nervous for this class. For one, I don't think I've done an hour of INTENSE exercise in years. Also, I've never really done anything with weights and certainly not with a bar. Body Pump uses a bar almost all the time.
The upper body workout wasn't awful, but the squats and lunges KILLED me!! My legs were shaking during the squats an I was really feeling the burn! There are also tons of pushups which were no fun at all. I also learned that I absolutely cannot do a plank. Maybe if it hadn't been at the end of the hour, but I couldn't do one at all tonight.
I was so tired afterwards that I tried to talk to my friend Molly and couldn't even carry on a coherent conversation. I wanted to go straight to bed, but I had to make some brownies for a party at work tomorrow. I just took those out of the oven and now I'm going to take a shower an crash.
I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to move tomorrow, but I feel so accomplished that I went to the class and finished!
I'm planning on going back tomorrow, but I'm going to take it easier. I really want to go to a spin class, but I'm not sure I can handle it bam to back with Body Pump. We'll just have to see how tomorrow goes and what time I can leave work. Of course, this is all contingent on being able to move tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment