Emma could play fetch all day long. She has a collection of toys in my living room and all of them can be used when playing catch.
Until last week, her favorite toy was one of these foam practice golf balls.
Unfortunately, she decided it would also make a tasty snack. She was playing with it one day and, before I knew it, there were little pieces of yellow foam all over my floor. I don’t think she really ate any, but she definitely enjoyed shredding it into little pieces. This is very unlike her. Since we adopted her, she’s never been interested in destroying things. She’s never eaten shoes or ripped her soft toys to shreds. I guess she was bored and wanted some attention!
This past weekend when we all met in Birmingham to celebrate Uncle Mark’s Birthday, Emma got a present too even though it wasn’t her birthday. Mom found this:
Tiny tennis balls! They are about the size of a golf ball, but are made just like regular tennis balls. This is absolutely her new favorite toy! It fits in her mouth perfectly, unlike her regular tennis balls that she carries by the fur, and it’s so much fun to play fetch with.
I think it’s great that companies are starting to make smaller versions of toys for dogs. Otherwise, I would have to buy cat toys for my very cat-like dog. I already call her kitty, so I don’t need anything else that might give her an identity disorder! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment