Monday, November 9, 2009

Is it Thanksgiving Break yet?

I’m counting down the days until I leave Auburn for Thanksgiving Break…we are at 10 days and counting and it won’t come soon enough.  This semester is really wearing on me and I need a break from group projects and tests and basically class in general.

I feel like more and more things are getting piled on me basically in teacher’s attempts to cram everything into the last three weeks of the semester.  Now, in addition to the four tests and four projects/presentations I knew I had before the end of the semester, I now have a 5-7 page research paper, a powerpoint presentation, an executive summary of the 5-7 page research paper and a 3 page reflective paper all due between 11/30 and 12/7.  I know 5-7 page papers aren’t a big deal, but it’s just adding more work into an already extremely limited period of time.  Since we’re going to be in Chile for half of our Christmas Break, I’m going to fully enjoy my Thanksgiving Break and I don’t plan to do schoolwork.  That may not be realistic, but that’s what I would like to do in an ideal world.

I so look forward to crossing things off my to-do list!  It’s not even funny how much that makes my day!  Maybe, if I work hard for the next couple of hours, I might get to cross something off tonight!

No comments: