I was under the weather all weekend and I'm still feeling a bit puny. I should have forced the doctor to give me a shot instead of pills. I know, I know...who asks for a shot?
Anyway, I haven't been really hungry since I really can't taste anything. Sunday afternoon, I decided I was in the mood for some comfort food. What I had in mind was a recipe I have been making for years that I got from Mama's best friend, Vickey. She made these butter rolls when I was little that I swear are like crack. It's physically impossible to eat just one. Even better, it's just three simple ingredients.
2 sticks butter (I use REAL butter and I always bake with salted butter unless the recipe calls for salt)
1 cup sour cream (the rolls might be fine with low-fat, but with two sticks of butter, why bother?)
2 cups self-rising flour
Combine very soft butter with the sour cream and flour and mix until well incorporated. Scoop into either regular or mini-muffin tins. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown. I made full-size rolls and they took between 25-30 minutes to cook.
I didn't eat any when they finished cooking last night, but they made a great breakfast this morning. I'll probably make something for dinner tonight that works with these (or maybe I'll just eat half of the pan as my dinner!)
I had planned to snap a picture this morning, but I was running late (thanks Benadryl and Sudafed for making it impossible to wake up) and left the house without a picture. Anyway, any picture I took would not have done justice to just how good these rolls are. Trust me, all the fat and calories are 100% worth it when you bite in to one of these!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment