Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Recipe Blog

I may be totally behind the times, but I recently discovered a new cooking blog, Dinner: A Love Story, while blog hopping on Monday night.  Since then, I've tried a new potato recipe and I am planning on trying the Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs linked from Bon Appetit.


Doesn't that look completely sinful?

I really want this cookbook...maybe someone will get it for my birthday...August 6...*hint, hint*.


If this new recipe turns out, I'll share my tips.  I'm also looking forward to this recipe.  Maybe for later this week? 

I've got a busy weekend planned with a Batchelorette party for one of my coworkers, but I still want to make time to bake some of "Aunt" Revonda's sinfully yummy caramel brownies for my new neighbors moving in on Saturday.  I bought all of the ingredients that I didn't have on hand last night, so all I have to do is whip them up and stick them in the oven! 

I don't know if I have posted about this or not, but I decided I have two cooking-related goals for this summer: making my Grandmother's famous yeast rolls and learning to make my own pie crust.  Maybe one day I'll finally break down and try yeast rolls again after three failures.  I would give just about anything for an entire pan of hot, buttered rolls to myself.  The pie crust is something I just don't know if I can tackle on my own.  Mother doesn't like to cook, so I can't learn from her, but I do have a dear friend who has promised to teach me.  If anyone out there has tips on the best pie crust or what to do when your yeast rolls won't rise, send me your tips. 

No comments: