Sunday, June 17, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

I'm so glad to be back at my house after more than a week away! This is the first time since I left home for college that I actually look forward to going back from a weekend at home. Don't get me wrong, I love Florence and the people there, but I often wish I could move my house there.

I'm coming up on a year in my house and there are things still on my to-do list that I thought would be done long before now. Oh, well! If I can manage to hang my antique family painting above my bed in the next two weeks, I might finally do a picture tour in honor of my first year of home ownership. Stay tuned for that!

I'm still pretty sore from Thursday. I felt a bit better until I overdid it on Saturday. I definitely paid for it today when I felt pretty bad at church. It wasn't easy trying to sing without taking a deep breath! After a nap this afternoon an some medicine, I feel better, but not tip top. They didn't warn me about this when I signed the consent!

I'm back to work tomorrow, so I need to unpack and head to bed. I'm definitely looking forward to my own bed after 6 nights in hotels and two nights (does 4 AM-8AM count as another night) in my bed in Florence. I'm trying to start the week off right by getting to work at 8:00 instead of my busy-season habit of 8:15 (or later) that has carried over into the summer. Thank goodness we can come in whenever ( within reason) as long as we work at least eight hours!

No comments: