Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tan

Right now, I'm sporting a fake "tan". I was tired of looking paler than a ghost and since I sit in an office all day with no view of the outside world, my chances for getting any sun were next to nil.

I don't tan naturally. I'm one of those people who burns after 10 minutes outside and then turns the same pale shade again. I had a self tanner from Sephora that I really liked and used several times for special events, but it was much too hard to keep up with it on a long term basis.

I don't know if I'll keep up with this lotion, but so far, I've used it for 4 days and my arms and legs look much healthier. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't smell good. On Sunday, when we were in close quarters in the choir loft, I actually apologized for the smell since it was so strong I was getting a headache. Still, I've had worse. My favorite product actually smelled much worse.

I know a spray tan is easier, but I just don't think I can stomach the cost of going for one every three or so days. I think I would if I was going to a beach or somewhere where I would want to be tan all over my body, but for now, I'll stick with Jergens and just have "tan" arms and legs!

No comments: