I'm slowly, but surely catching up on my sleep. I can't seem to sit still without falling asleep, so I've already had a nap every day we've been here! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble sleeping at night, for multiple reasons. Maybe if I skip the naps, sleep won't be so hard to find at night?
I've been reading a lot. I'm working on The Hunger Games now, but I'm not really hooked yet. Considering everything I've heard about the books, I'm sure I'll get into it soon.
We went shopping yesterday. Really, I should have gone alone since Mama hates to shop so much. I got not one, but two Coach purses (since the prices were so much lower than I expected) as well as shoes from Nine West and clothes from J. Crew and Banana Republic. Although typical Accountant attire (cardigans and sweater sets) so are boring, I'm set for summer! I did get several cute skirts and two pairs of linen pants, so that'll make my summer clothes a bit more interesting.
It's been rainy and blah all day today, so after going to church, it's wasn't hard to go back to sleep. Eastern time doesn't make it easy to get ready for 8:30 church! Mama and Daddy have been to First Methodist Church of Gatlinburg, so that's where we went this morning. The church is tiny (I think I attached the front of the bulletin that depicts the church) and is so different from any church I've attended, but it was nice, nonetheless. They have a pianist, but don't have a choir for the early service, so I'm afraid I had the strongest voice in the congregation. At least I knew the hymns and I wasn't afraid to sing out since I'll probably never see these people again. Maybe I've finally gotten over the 8th grade pre-All-State audition audition fiasco?
It's certainly not warm here like I expected it to be, but the gas logs are a nice touch and we've got Netflix to keep us occupied. I'm hoping the sun will come back out tomorrow.
I'm sure it sounds like we've done nothing substantial so far, but that's the point. I've been so stressed over the past few weeks and I need to decompress. The purpose of this trip is rest and relaxing and I'm certainly doing both!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment